Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Return of the Hips and Big Nose...


6) Final

  

5) Putting it together

  

4) Highlights


3) Base Color





2) Clean-Up


1) Sketch


Hello everyone! Last couple of days I've been going over my blog, reviewing everything, checking out all the posts and I realized that I got a really good response for these two characters that I named "Giant Hips and Flying Big Nose." Not only did I get a good response here but also on my deviant art (a couple of people added it to their "favorites") Anyway I decided to go at it and create a new illustration.

I also thought it would be cool to show the process I take to create my illustrations, since when I was going to school (fresh out of High School and stepping into College) I had basically no idea how to illustrate in photoshop (used a mouse back then to illustrate) and I really, really wanted to learn how all this was done. So, I just wanted to share some of my knowledge I've picked up over the years. Hope you enjoy and hope that everyone is doing well out there. Til next time!

1 comment:

Wayne B. Medina said...

Heh I really like big nose. He's a cute bugger man. It's really cool to see other peoples progress and approaches to a piece. you have really clean lines for clean up man. big ups for drawing with a mouse way back when man, that's tight.

I hope all is well man and have an awesome x-mas brotha!